While seniors are often told to stop smoking or take their medications as prescribed in order to stay sharp, there are several fun apps on the market that can make memory boosting fun. Any of the following applications, presented by Home Care Assistance of El Dorado Hills, CA, are fantastic choices for seniors who want to improve their memory as well as their overall brain function. Some are functional and others are fun, but they are all proven to be successful with regular use.
- iCue Memory ($2.99) – This app is compatible with Apple devices like the iPod, the iPhone, and the iPad. The goal is to remember strings of numbers of varying lengths, but the real fun is the ability to compete with others around the world. Thisd product is even endorsed by the USA Memory Championship.
- Mind Games (Free) – This fun app for Android tablets and phones (as well as Chromebook and other Android OS laptops) boasts 17 different puzzles that are proven to stimulate the brain, improve concentration, and increase overall cognitive function. There are 180 levels of difficulty, so it never gets boring.
- My Personal Memory Trainer (Free) – Android users are sure to love this mental exercise program that is simple and fun at the same time. Users get to work on several cognitive skills including focus, memory, concentration, and more. There are several puzzles from which to choose, and they gradually get more difficult as cognitive function improves.
- Lumosity Brain Trainer (Free) – There are some 25 million Lumosity members out there, and that’s because their Brain Trainer app really works. Available for Apple product users, this app users tools that were designed by neuroscientists to assist in clearer thinking, better recall, and even better recollection of names, directions, and numbers.
- Evernote (Free) – While Evernote is not an app that features games, it is a fun-to-use organizational tool that can simplify things for seniors. It allows individuals to organize things such as notes, files, and images (including reminders) on the cloud. This app is compatible with all Apple devices.
At Home Care Assistance of El Dorado Hills, we love that there are so many options for seniors looking to improve cognitive function. We also offer our very own Cognitive Therapeutics Method, a one-on-one wellness program that is available to our senior clients to help stimulate cognitive activity and promote mental acuity.
For more information about our Cognitive Therapeutics Method or to learn more about care for seniors with memory loss, reach out to a friendly Home Care Assistance Care Manager today. We offer premier Alzheimer’s and dementia home care in El Dorado Hills from highly trained caregivers and have flexible hourly and live-in care schedules. Call us today at 916-358-3801 and schedule a complimentary, no-obligation consultation.